The reservoir would provide water for 54,000 residents in 10 north central Missouri counties including Adair, Chariton, Grundy, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Mercer, Putnam, Schuyler and Sullivan.
Operations consist of:
- 2.8 million gallon per day water treatment facility
- Two pump stations
- 9 miles of 10-inch line (serves Green City & Green Castle)
- 18 miles of 8-inch line (serves western Sullivan County)
- Locust Creek pump station (pumps water from Locust Creek to Elmwood Lake)
- Elmwood Lake (200 surface acres)
- Old City of Milan Lake (38 surface acres)
- Green City
-Sells to Green Castle
- City of Milan
- Public Water Supply District #1 of Sullivan County
- Farmland Foods, Inc.